Enjoy the idyll of a quiet, countryside retreat with all the home comforts you could wish for: a comfy, antique, king-sized bed, sofa, smart TV, en-suite bathroom with bath and separate power shower, a fully equipped kitchen, warm radiators, free parking and your own door.
Discover the subtle beauty of the Dedham Vale and the world famous Suffolk wool towns which are within a short drive.
Or relax and enjoy the pleasant countryside.
Whatever you choose, we look forward to seeing you here.
A bright and spacious room with a centrepiece stunning antique, mahogany half-tester king size bed. The flat was refurbished in 2016 and boasts a spacious bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen. Our self-contained annexe or studio flat comes with:
- Smart TV (on the wall and can be viewed from the bed or sofa).
- Separate power-shower
- Large bath
- Sofa, which is also a sofa-bed
- Cooker, microwave, electric hobs and workspace for meal preparation
- Fridge which will have milk, eggs, juice and all the necessary accoutrements to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable.
Use the adjoining garden, the climbing frame and have a bounce on the trampolines!
The annexe kitchen also comes with coffee and a selection of teas. Breakfast items are provided for a DIY breakfast. (Typically, yoghurt, granola, bread, butter, jam, fruit, eggs etc.)
If you have food allergies or dietary limitations of any kind, please let us know in advance. We're happy to accommodate you!
On-Demand shows and movies
Private garden area
All linens included
Dishes, pots, pans, + oil, spices, etc.
There's an all-weather jumbo bean bag - under the bed and rugs for picnics in the hanging cupboard.
The Annexe comfortably sleeps 2. If your party is larger (i.e. a 3rd person, or child), the sofa is a sofa-bed and will comfortably accommodate one adult or 2 small children.
We have a travel cot available if you need. Please contact us in advance to discuss arrangements, we can also stash a twin air mattress and extra linens in the cupboard prior to your arrival.
You should know a couple things...
1. We live in the main house full-time and have two dogs and two cat. Though none are allowed in the guest annexe, if you suffer from pet allergies you should know that our dogs potter about the front drive and there might have been a guest pet in the cottage prior to your reservation. Though we do clean the cottage thoroughly between guests, it is certainly likely that allergens could still be present.
2. Additionally, you should know that approximately once per week during the warmer months the lawn needs a trim. It's a big lawn and we'll try and keep the noise down to a minimum. Sometimes the garden work is reasonably quiet, (raking, trimming, etc.) but sometimes the situation is a little noisy (leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, fence repair, and the like). Most house guests don't bat an eyelid, but someone mentioned it and we thought that going forward, our annexe guests should know what to expect.
3. We're in the heart of glorious countryside where you'll come across big tractors and pot-holes in the roads. Also, the occasional badger and deer veer into the roads. Please drive carefully around the little lanes!
If you get lost, it's best to ask someone directions or give us a call and we'll try and work out where you are. Satnav does bring you to our gate.
Stick to local footpaths when walking. Nettles sting, brambles rake -- wear appropriate shoes and clothing on country walks.
You'll have your own entrance to come and go as you please and the use of the garden to the side/front of the property.
We have a trampoline and swing with a climbing-frame, sandpit and slide for the kids, but they must be supervised. You bounce or play at your own risk!
Interaksi dengan tamu
James writes novels from home and Charlotte is around most of the time too. We're readily available with help for directions or info about the area.
Should you need anything (and we're happy to help you make the most of your time here with recommendations) please knock on the door.
We let guests know ahead of time when we won't be around - and we're generally reachable by phone/email/text. In case of emergency, we have family nearby and friendly neighbours if you run into difficulties.
Hal lain yang perlu diperhatikan
This is a quiet rural retreat. You'll need a vehicle.
We have an organic pool or swimming pond so if you're interested in learning how this works, James will happily give you a tour!
The sofa bed is perfect for a third person (child) when necessary (we have a travel cot too). Please check out our terms.
There's plenty of room for picnicking or chilling out when the sun shines.
Our annexe is perfect for those who need a rest. It is ideal for garden lovers and garden visitors keen to check out local gems. It's ideal for cyclists who wish to peddle the gentle hills of the Stour valley, or for ramblers who want to totter about Suffolk's charming country villages.
With guests from Australia to Austria, France to San Fran, and around fifty, five-star reviews, come and find out for yourselves what a great little place this is.
It's perfect for a quiet birthday weekend, an anniversary, or as a stop off for seeing friends. Ideal as a base to explore this wonderful area, it is romantic, peaceful and private - yet you will never feel too isolated.
Please arrive after 3pm. Check out is 10:30am.
The flat is part of our home, so would expect it used and cared for accordingly.
Absolutely no smoking in the annex.
Dogs: One non-barking, house-trained dog over 6 months is welcome at £3 each per night, but we ask that you don't let them on the furniture, or allow them off the lead whilst in the garden.
There are some wonderful walks for you to enjoy with them.
Sorry, no cats!
Please respect the Honesty Box which sits beside the beverages. We love to leave you a drink to relax with as soon as you arrive, but please don't leave both the bottle and the tin empty! We want to be generous; please act within the spirit of our gesture (no pun intended).
The Annex will be set up for you as if you are trusted house-guests and friends so, please treat it as such! E.G. Please use mats where provided and don't allow young children to play unattended inside or outside the property.
Take care of it, and respect that we will have gone to trouble to make it as fresh, clean and welcoming as possible for you.