Recently refurbished, our rural garden annexe offers you the idyll of a quiet, countryside retreat with all the home comforts you could wish for: a mahogany antique half-tester king-sized bed, sofa, smart TV, en-suite bathroom with bath and separate power shower, a fully equipped kitchen, parking and your own access.
Discover the Dedham Vale and charming Suffolk wool towns which are all within a short drive or enjoy walks through the pleasant countryside.
We look forward to seeing you here.
A bright, spacious room with gorgeous antique, mahogany half-tester king size bed, newly refurbished bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen awaits you. Our self-contained annexe or studio flat comes with:
- Smart TV (on the wall and can be viewed from the bed or sofa).
- Separate power shower
- Sofa / Sofa-bed
- Cooker, microwave, electric hobs and workspace for meal preparation
- Fridge with a pint of milk, eggs, juice, a marmalade and all the necessary accoutrements to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable.
There's plenty of room to amble in the adjoining garden or even bounce on the trampolines!
Our annexe is offered fully furnished with coffee, selection of teas, and breakfast items are provided for a first day DIY brekkie. (Typically, yoghurt, granola, bread, butter, jam, fruit, eggs etc.)
If you have food allergies or dietary limitations of any kind, please let us know in advance, we're happy to accommodate you!
On-Demand shows and movies
Private garden area
All linens included
Dishes, pots, pans, + oil, spices, etc.
King-sized antique bed with new, medium-sprung mattress
All weather jumbo bean bag - under the bed!
Rugs for picnics
The Annexe comfortably sleeps 2. If your party is larger (i.e. a 3rd person, or a child), the sofa is a sofa-bed and will comfortably accommodate one adult or 2 small children.
We have a travel-cot available if you need.
Please contact us in advance to discuss arrangements, we can also stash a twin air mattress and extra linens in the cupboard prior to your arrival.
You should know a couple things...
1. We live in the main house full-time and have two dogs and a cat. Though none are allowed in the guest annexe, if you suffer from pet allergies you should know that our dogs potter about the front drive and there might have been a guest pet in the cottage prior to your reservation. Though we do clean the cottage thoroughly between guests, it is certainly likely that allergens could still be present.
2. Additionally, you should know that approximately once per week during the warmer months the lawn needs a trim. It's a big lawn and we'll try and keep the noise down to a minimum. Sometimes the garden work is reasonably quiet, (raking, trimming, etc.) but sometimes the situation is a little noisy (leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, fence repair, and the like). Most house guests don't bat an eyelid, but someone mentioned it recently and we thought that going forward, our annexe guests should know what to expect.
3. It's the countryside. With big tractors and pot holes in the roads and the occasional badger and deer roaming around! Please drive carefully around the little lanes!
If you get lost, it's best to ask someone directions or give us a call and we'll try and work out where you are. Satnav will bring you to the gate.
You need to stick to the local footpaths when walking. Nettles sting, brambles rake -- wear appropriate shoes and clothing on country walks.
You'll have your own entrance to come and go as you please and the use of the garden to the side/front of the property.
Do use the trampoline and swing / climbing frame / sandpit / slide for the kids, but they must be supervised - you bounce / play at your own risk.
Interaksi dengan tamu
We can give you as much or as little interaction as you wish. James works from home and is generally readily available for any help / directions / info about the area.
Should you need anything (and we're happy to help you make the most of your time here with recommendations) please knock on the door.
We let guests know ahead of time when we won't be around - and we're generally reachable by phone/email/text. In case of emergency, we have family nearby and friendly neighbours if anything goes awry while we're not around.
Hal lain yang perlu diperhatikan
This is a quiet rural retreat, so you'll need a vehicle.
We're building an organic pool (ready 2017) so if you're interested in learning how this works, James will happily give you a tour!
We are very happy to accommodate a third person (child) when necessary for an additional fee (see terms).
There's a large garden, sandpit, swings and slide and plenty of room for picnicking or chilling out in the sunshine.
The annexe is perfect for a rest, ideal for garden lovers, garden visitors keen to check out local treats, for cyclists who wish to peddle around the gentle hills of the Stour valley, or for walkers wanting to ramble about the charming little country villages.
Perfect for a quiet birthday weekend, an anniversary, or for friends, our annexe is romantic, peaceful and private and yet you are never too isolated.
Please arrive after 3pm. Check out is 10:30am.
The flat is part of our home, so would expect it used and cared for accordingly.
Absolutely no smoking in the annex.
Dogs: One non-barking, house-trained dog over 6 months is welcome at £3 each per night, but we ask that you don't let them on the furniture, or allow them off the lead whilst in the garden.
There are some wonderful walks for you to enjoy with them.
Sorry, no cats!
Please respect the Honesty Box which sits beside the beverages. We love to leave you a drink to relax with as soon as you arrive, but please don't leave both the bottle and the tin empty! We want to be generous; please act within the spirit of our gesture (no pun intended).
The Annex will be set up for you as if you are trusted house-guests and friends so, please treat it as such! E.G. Please use mats where provided and don't allow young children to play unattended inside or outside the property.
Take care of it, and respect that we will have gone to trouble to make it as fresh, clean and welcoming as possible for you.
Tuan rumah ini memiliki 1 ulasan untuk properti lainnya.Lihat ulasan lainnya