Welcome to North Star House and the Connecticut River Scenic Byway. Located on 700 acres in Cornish and Claremont New Hampshire, North Star House is the result of our top-to-bottom restoration of this 1855 historic home. We’ve retained all of the historic features—slate roof, antique hardware, wavy glass windows, hand-carved millwork—while providing modern comforts, including a gourmet kitchen, two new full baths and a glass-fronted woodstove.
This is a beautifully restored 1850s New England farmhouse in a stunning setting on the Connecticut River just across from Vermont's Mount Ascutney. Easy access to winter and summer sports, culture, and historic sites is combined with quiet indoor spaces, beautiful views, a spacious kitchen, tasteful furnishings, and all the amenities (strong wifi, large tv, LP player) you could ask for to make your vacation relaxing and hassle-free.
The entire house, garage, and outdoor spaces, including river access (and 2 kayaks) are available for your use.
Interaksi dengan tamu
Bill and Jenny Lipfert live less than a half mile away and are happy to help or answer questions whenever needed.
Hal lain yang perlu diperhatikan
Please note that we are required by the State of New Hampshire to collect and remit a 9% rooms and meals tax. Our rates are adjusted to reflect inclusion of this fee.
1. During peak periods, rentals must be Saturday to Saturday.
2. During off-peak periods, weekend and short rentals (minimum 2 nights) are available.
3. Please be sure to leave North Star House in the same condition you found it on arrival.
4. Smoking is not allowed within North Star House at any time. Smoking is allowed only outside and only in spaces more than twenty (20) feet from any structure.
5. Outdoor fires (other than within the owner-provided gas grill and owner-provided fire pit), are not permitted.
6. The homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while at the property.
7. The homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
8. The guest(s) expressly assume the risk of any harm arising from their use of the property or harm to others.
9. Guests acknowledge that the property includes known hazards such as stairs, a wood stove with exposed hot metal surfaces, insects, poison ivy, wild and domestic animals, rock walls and ledges, vehicular traffic, and running river water with variable current.
10. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the property, cleaning service during your stay is not included in the rental rate.
If a pet (or pets) will accompany you:
1. Pet(s) must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by guest upon request):
a. At least 1 year of age.
b. Spayed or neutered.
c. Up to date on all vaccinations.
2. Pet(s) must be leashed when outdoors at all times.
3. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse.
4. Pet(s) are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pet(s) on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
5. Pet(s) will not be left unattended, either indoors or out.
6. Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury to pet(s) while at North Star House.
Mulai 02 Juni 2018 - 30 September 2018 masa inap minimum adalah 7 malam.
We have hosted guests from around the world for over five years and now are enjoying seeing some of our new friends every year! Visit North Star House and see for yourself why it has become a favorite getaway spot.