Lay-over, Shmay-over! Private room. Hot breakfast. 2 stops from Airport. 15 min T ride downtown. Large desk and computer. Noise-dampening, light-blocking curtains.
This third-floor apartment was the attic of an older home, has now been finished with Brazilian Rosewood. Perfect for business layovers, or, if you're driving in from ME or NH for a Bruins/Celtics game.
The greatest strength of this space is it's location. Just far enough outside the downtown bubble to feel safe and quiet, but still close enough to everything so that commuting is a cinch, whether by planes, trains, or automobile.
1. King-Sized bed with fresh sheets washed after each guest
2. Large desk and computer.
4. Air Conditioning / Heat.
7. Amazon Alexa Echo Dot.
The entire apartment. You are welcome to use anything you find in the kitchen as long as you don't put food or grease down the drain in the sink.
Interaksi dengan tamu
Being from the South, born and raised in Wilmington, North Carolina, I was raised to be as hospitable as possible to guests in all situations. It would be my pleasure to help you out but I'm not a mind reader, so please ask me. Also, if I'm unable to help with your specific request, I will let you know right away. Here's a few things I offer that you might appreciate: Tips and Tricks: I'm also an author and a graphic designer, and currently writing a book called A Southerner's Guide to Boston. I'm head over heels in love with Boston and always excited to share with people about the various museums, restaurants, and nuances that I've found in my residence and research here for the past four years. (Spoiler Alert: The Boston Public Library is essentially one of the best museums around and it's 100% free!)
Hal lain yang perlu diperhatikan
In the spirit of full disclosure I will use this section to discuss the less-than-ideal aspect of the space. 1. Since the apartment was formerly an attic, the walls slant inward toward the ceiling (in the shape of a roof). Also, this means the floor plan of the apartment is slightly awkward since it wasn't designed originally for living in. 2. The house itself is rather old. The apartment was finished more recently, and your bed is brand new, but some of the general fixtures of the home are older. (This is true with most houses in Boston but it's not something I was used to when I first moved here). Just mentioning it for the sake of transparency. 3. The plumbing works without major issue, but its old. Therefore it's very important that guests do not put ANY food down the kitchen sink or anything other than toilet tissue down the toilet (do not flush paper towels etc.) Also, for guests with long flowing waves of hair, its important to clean the accumulated hair out of the shower drain after each shower (I keep Lysol disinfectant wipes next to the shower).
1. You will take your shoes off in the house.
2. You will take great care to be quiet when you are in the stairway of my building since sound echos inside of it and my downstairs neighbors can hear you. Once you are inside the apartment, you can laugh and sing and play music and do bad impersonations of famous people without disturbing anyone no problem, but the stairway is a quiet zone out of respect for them.
3. You will not smoke (cigarettes) in the house, or directly in front of the building.
4. You will not put food down the drain of the kitchen sink.
5. You will not flush any items including paper towels down the toilet besides toilet paper.
6. If you drive, you will park your car on the same side of the street as my house and as close to directly in front of my house as possible. (Its all technically free parking but once again I try to limit any and all inconvenience that my neighbors must incur on behalf of my AirBnB)
7. You can run the A.C and hot water to your hearts desire. But the heat, although it works well does not hear every room evenly, you will not turn the house thermostat up past 70 degrees because it can make other rooms to hot for others staying in the house. If its still chilly, you can borrow a space heater but make sure to turn it off when you leave to go out.
8. If you have any issues you will promptly contact me directly by phone or by the Air BnB app.
9. You will be mindful of the neighbors and keep music down to a reasonable level after 10:00pm.
10. I will provide you a key to the building and a 4 digit passcode granting access to the apartment. The door will automatically lock behind you so make sure you remember the code.
11. If by some stroke of misfortune you find yourself outside without a key to get in the building you will call me or someone in your party to let you in YOU WILL NOT RING THE DOORBELL. The doorbell rings my neighbors apartment not mine.