I think we were Tom's first renters. There were many positives but also some unexpected things with our stay.
1. The location is excellent. It is easy to get to, the street is quiet, and it is 10 minutes to the beach.
2. There is plenty of room for entertaining. The house, back yard and deck are spacious.
3. Bathrooms were clean and tidy.
4. The pool is nice. Although, they had torrential rain that flooded the pool the previous week and there was a bunch of dirt/sand in the bottom. Tom told me about this ahead of time.
5. The house is fully stocked and Tom shared the wifi with us.
6. The house is actually a main house and guest apartment with its own kitchenette.
1. The house was only medium clean. Some of the tables, counters and sinks needed to be wiped down. The main refrigerator had food in it, and the fridge in the guest apartment had a bunch of beer in it.
2. The listing says it accommodates 6 but also says 5 bedrooms and no cost for extra people. This confused my wife. There are only 3 beds in the house large enough for adults and Tom really does not want a bunch of people throwing wild parties at his house. The listing should really make this clear.
3. The house was loaded with personal items. Kid's tooth brushes by the kitchen sink, toys stacked up in corners, liquor in the cabinet ....