Casa Linda 2, our homey 2 BR/1 BA apartment, awaits. Located near the Cathedral of San Panfilo at the edge of the Villa Communale and just a short 5-minute walk into the historical center of the city, this will be your home away from home. It has been lovingly restored by one of the area's preeminent architects and features local stone and wood in a delightful space that was once part of the western wall of ancient Sulmona.
The well-appointed, fully modernized apartment comes with:
(1) Two bedrooms: one on the main level with a matrimonial bed and one upstairs in the open plan loft space with two twin beds
(2) Modern bathroom with shower
(3) Small sitting room
(4) Fully equipped kitchen/dining area with plenty of room for cooking and eating
(5) Stove, oven, refrigerator
(6) Clothes washing machine and drying rack
(7) Lovely antiques interspersed with modern Italian touches throughout
(8) Three small balconies from which to view the gorgeous mountains and let in the fresh Abruzzese air
(9) Towels and linens included
(10) Free Wi-Fi in the apartment and several internet hot spots in town
It’s just a short walk into the historical center of the city and you’ll pass by a number of wonderful caffes, bars and restaurants on your way to Piazza Garibaldi, the main piazza, bordered by the incredible 13th century aqueduct.
You’ll also pass right by Piazza XX Settembre and bid 'buon giorno' to the statue of Ovid, the city’s native son, every morning on your way to coffee.
Parking is available on the street.
Interaksi dengan tamu
As much as you need, via e-mail and texts. We have wonderful friends in Sulmona who will provide you with the key and point you in the right direction for most anything you need.
Hal lain yang perlu diperhatikan
Experience the mercato on Wednesday and Saturday mornings with the locals, where you can buy just about anything you'll need, or frequent one of three or four nearby grocery stores.
This is our home. Please treat it like you would want us to treat your home. Absolutely no smoking and no cats. Electricity and gas are VERY EXPENSIVE in Italy! Please remember to adjust the heat and air conditioning when you leave the apartment. By doing this, you help us keep the rates reasonable. Thanks so much! Grazie tanti!
I'm a freelance travel writer/photographer, and the author of UP AT THE VILLA: TRAVELS WITH MY HUSBAND. You can find my travel stories at my blog, Travel the Write Way. I'm an Italian-American, dedicated Italophile who loves cooking, eating, learning about wine and exploring new regions. My husband Tim and I fell in love with Sulmona seven years ago, and we hope you will, too!