Private studio apartment just three blocks to the Prince George's Plaza Metro station and 15 minutes to downtown DC. Double bed plus futon, kitchen, washer/dryer and free parking. Easy access to University of Maryland. 20 minute walk to Hyattsville Arts District. Convenient to major tourist attractions, transportation hubs, shopping and dining.
This private basement studio has two distinct areas - a bedroom area with a double bed, a living area with kitchen (with cooktop, but not an oven) and futon, plus a bathroom and a washer/dryer for you to use. It could comfortably sleep four, as long as two are happy on a futon! The two areas are separated by a staircase that offers privacy between the sleeping and living areas.
Free parking in our driveway is provided for one car, and free street parking is available for additional cars. The studio has its own washer/dryer (not shared with upstairs) for the guest to use. Laundry is $3 per load (we'll provide detergent and dryer sheets). Check-in is at 3 pm and checkout is 11 am.
Hal lain yang perlu diperhatikan
The bathroom ceiling is also somewhat short because of the way the basement was built prior to our time here. My husband is 6'2" and we had a tenant here for a year who was 6'4" - neither were bothered by it, but if you are very tall, this may be a minor inconvenience, so we just want you to be aware.
Airbnb is built on trust. To that end, we ask that all guests provide a government ID as part of their profile in order to book our place. We don't see your ID (Airbnb just stores it in case it's needed), but providing this basic information helps us know we can trust the people who are staying at our house. Before sending a booking request, please be sure your profile includes this information. Thanks!
1. Check-in is 3 pm and check-out is 11 am. Please let us know if you need a different time; we may be able to work with you.
2. No smoking or illegal drugs of any kind anywhere on the property.
3. No parties, unauthorized guests or pets.
4.Please keep noise levels down after 11 pm and before 7 am.
5.Please clean up after yourself – wash dishes, wipe up spills and put trash in trash cans. Don’t worry about laundry or other cleaning – we’ll do that after you leave.
6.Keep any food in the fridge or in closed containers to avoid attracting critters.
7. Help us keep the carpet clean by taking off your shoes at the door if they are wet or muddy.
8. Help us keep the drains running smoothly by putting only toilet paper down the toilet (no feminine products, cotton balls, diapers, etc).
9. Lost keys will incur a $5 replacement fee. Other damages will be charged against your security deposit. The security deposit is not paid unless damage is done to the property.
10. Free parking in our driveway is provided for one car, and free street parking is available for additional cars. We're happy to direct you to the street parking, but please do not park more than one car in our driveway as it makes it difficult to get in and out.
We are very happy to answer questions, provide suggestions and help make your stay enjoyable. We have lived in the DC area for eight years, so we can definitely give you some tips about transportation, restaurants and attractions. We used to live upstairs, but we now live a few blocks away and rent the upstairs portion of the house, which is completely separate from the studio (the apartment has its own entrance and there is no access between the two parts of the house) so you have complete privacy. We are happy to answer questions by email/text and can be on site quickly if needed, so just let us know.
Hi! I'm an English teacher and service learning coordinator for a local high school. I love to bake, crochet, read and write. My husband just finished his PhD and is now a researcher at a university. He's originally from Ireland and loves to cook, sing and play the guitar. We also have two dogs who love to play fetch and chase squirrels. We have traveled and lived in many places around the world and we love to meet new people.