Absolutely the best location in Atlanta! Beautifully upgraded, spacious and private loft studio located near all of the entertainment, nightlife and attractions Atlanta has to offer. Situated in downtown near Inman Park, this recently remodeled loft is within minutes of Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Centennial Park, SkyView Atlanta, CNN Studios, Georgia Aquarium & the Zoo. A great place for couples, business travelers and solo adventurers, you will love this home away from home in the heart of Atlanta!
Recently remodeled throughout, the property includes a kitchenette with brand new appliances, mini-refrigerator, and microwave. The bedroom is comfortably furnished with beautiful new crisp linens, pillows and bed coverings. Enjoy smart HDTV with a free WiFi connection.
There are numerous restaurants the Edgewood Retail District, a shopping center on Caroline street about 5 minutes walk from the apartment. These include Five Guys Burgers (fast food), Subway (sandwiches), Shane’s BBQ, Figo Pasta (moderately priced Italian), Cinnaholic desserts, Ru San’s (Sushi), and a Poke bar (Poke!).
There many more restaurants in the Little 5 Points neighborhood that is approximately 15 mins away on foot, and less than 5 minutes by car from the apartment. Some of these include Front Page News (New Orleans style -- family friendly), Planet Bombay (Indian), the Vortex (burgers), Ali Baba’s (mediterrean), Camelli’s Pizza and several bars with a menu. Note that the Vortex and Front Page News have additional locations, so watch which one you are calling or visiting!
Arguably the best--money is no object!--a restaurant in Atlanta is Bacchanalia, which requires an Uber/Lyft ride or a car (20 mins in traffic) and a reservation! Consistently ranked at the top of the places featuring local delights is Fox Brothers Barbeque, only 1 mile away! Downtown Atlanta is only about 4 miles away (or 4 stops on the metro/MARTA, save on parking!) and has all the usual downtown choices from steaks (Ray’s In The City, Capital Grille) and rooftop restaurants with a view (Nikolai’s), to obscure ethic choices (Herban Fix, Asian + Vegan). For value, try Murphy’s in the Virginia Highlands neighborhood and sit at the bar.
People watching: Near the apartment on North Ave is Manuel’s Tavern. It is rumored that all the real politics in Georgia gets done at the large tables of this longtime eatery! Jimmy Carter is a regular. This is a good place for a larger group and the staff can seat you near TVs if you like sports or away from them if you have a family.
Edgewood Retail District - 0.7 Miles https://shopedgewoodretaildistrict.com/
Bacchanalia - 10.2 Miles https://www.opentable.com/bacchanalia
Fox Brothers Barbeque - 0.9 Miles http://www.foxbrosbbq.com/
Murphy’s - 2.3 Miles https://www.opentable.com/r/murphys-atlanta
Manuel’s Tavern - 1.4 Miles https://www.manuelstavern.com/
Front Page News - 0.9 Miles https://www.frontpagenews.com/
Planet Bombay - 1.3 Miles https://www.planetbombayindian.com/
2) The nearest Whole Foods Market is on Ponce de Leon Avenue in the Poncey Highlands area; it is about 2.5 miles away but in traffic probably will take 10+ minutes. There is also Kroger in the Edgewood Shopping District that is about 5 mins away on foot. (N.B. You cannot buy alcoholic beverages on Sunday before 12:30pm in Georgia unless there is a special event.)
If you like to eat while you food shop, you might want to try the Krog Street Market which is adjacent to the Beltline and is more of “food hall and market” experience. It is 1.6 miles away from the apartment.
Whole Foods -- 2.5 Miles https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/poncedeleon
Kroger -- 0.7 Miles https://www.kroger.com/stores/details/011/00461
Krog Street Market -- 1.6 Miles http://krogstreetmarket.com/
3) If you are interested in unusual shopping or vintage wear, you’ll probably want to shop the stores in the Little Five Points neighboorhood. You can get there by car in under 5 minutes, but the parking can be a bit tough so walking is probably easier in all but the worst weather. The Junkman’s Daughter has been a Little5 staple for decades as has the record (!) store Wax N Facts. Be wary, though, that there is another neighborhood downtown called Five Points and this can cause confusion.
For the high end of retail shopping, there is every designer clothing boutique known to man, a couple of luxury malls, and of course nearly every ladies footwear choice for the Jimmy Choo lover in Buckhead. This neighborhood is a bit north of the city proper--perhaps 20-25 mins drive from the apartment. If you prefer to ride the metro (MARTA) the Lenox station drops you at the swanky Lenox Mall and an easy walk to the (uber swanky) Phipps Plaza. The Buckhead station drops you more “in the middle” of the Buckhead sprawl. (Note to the wise, Lenox is on the Yellow Line and Buckhead is on the Red line even though they are physically close together.) If you have specific shops you want to hit in Buckhead, probably best to have your phone and Uber/Lyft ready.
In the middle of Little5 and Buckhead is the Virginia Highlands neighborhood; it might be described even as “quirky.” This neighboorhood is centered around the corner of Virginia Ave and Highlands Ave, about 2.7 miles from the apartment and about 10 minutes by car. It features a large number of independent designers of shoes, accessories, cards, and other items as well as some smaller shops by larger retailers like Anthropologie. If you need to take a load off after shopping, there are numerous fine watering holes in this area (the aged and ageless Moe’s and Joe’s for the PBR), as well as Atlanta’s best coffee at Aurora Coffee.
Little Five Points Neighborhood -- 0.9 Miles http://littlefivepoints.net/
Buckhead Shopping -- 8.4 Miles https://www.atlanta.net/buckhead/shopping/
Virginia Highlands -- 2.4 Miles http://virginiahighland.com/
4) If you are looking for a movie theater, there are the 18 screen Regal Cinemas at Atlantic Station playing the current movies. Atlantic Station is a relatively new development of shops and restaurants on in the Westside area; from the apartment, it is 5 miles to Atlantic station and the nearest metro stop is Arts Center (plus perhaps 10 mins of walking). Two artsy theaters nearby are the Landmark Midtown Arts Theater (2 mi away) and the Plaza Theater on Ponce de Leon (1.5 miles). Be sure to check the schedules for these as there are frequently special events that rent the entire theaters for private functions.
Atlantic Station -- 5.2 Miles http://www.atlanticstation.com/
Landmark Midtown -- 3.0 Miles https://www.landmarktheatres.com/atlanta/midtown-art-cinema
Plaza Theater -- 1.7 Miles http://plazaatlanta.com/
5) The best local place to get outdoors is The Beltline (beltline.org) with a 33-mile network of multi-use trails. The beltline is a “greening” project by the city of Atlanta which started by the city buying up unused railroad tracks and turning them into trails and parks. Fortunately, the apartment is right in the middle of it! There is Freedom Park about 1.5 miles to the north, which connects Inman Park to the green areas around the Carter Center. If you go to the Carter Center (cartercenter.org) you can also venture into the rapidly-moving-upmarket neighborhoods around the Old 4th Ward Park.
The two nearest parks to the apartment are Coan Park (about 5 mins on foot) and Gilliam Park (about 10 mins on foot) which includes the Trolley Line Trail.
The Beltline -- 1.5 Miles https://beltline.org/about/the-atlanta-beltline-project/atlanta-beltline-overview/
6) The nearest gym/fitness center to the apartment is about 8 mins away by car in the Inman Park neighborhood--Snap Fitness. There is a large LA Fitness in the Midtown neighborhood near Georgia Tech on Fifth street. It is probably easiest to take the metro to either the Midtown or North Avenue stops and walk from there (5 blocks either way).
Nearby, on 8th street is an Orangetheory Fitness and it is definitely closer to the Midtown metro stop which is on 10th street.
Snap Fitness -- 1.5 Miles https://www.snapfitness.com/us/gyms/atlanta-inman-park-ga/
LA Fitness -- 3.9 Miles https://www.lafitness.com/Pages/clubhome.aspx?clubid=619&Atlanta-Georgia+GYM
Orangetheory -- 3.9 Miles https://midtown.orangetheoryfitness.com/
7) Atlanta has three “in town” ways to get around. There are the motorized scooters that you will see on sidewalks all over town. These are available from the companies Lime, Bird, and Lyft and all are about $1 + $0.15/min; all of these work with a phone app and require a driver's license. There are of course the car-sharing platforms Lyft and Uber, but also the “drive it yourself” longer-term use version Zipcar. The nearest Zipcar to the apartment is at the Edgewood MARTA station about 15 mins away on foot. You will also notice that most MARTA maps now also show a special symbol if the MARTA station has Zipcars.
If you prefer to bike, Atlanta has Relay bike-sharing. The nearest Relay sharing station is at 895 Wylie Stree SE about 1 mile away. You do want to check with their app on the web or on your phone because it will tell you how many bikes are available at each one. There are numerous Relay stations in the Inman Park neighborhood which is easily walkable.
Relay Bikes -- 1.1 Miles http://relaybikeshare.com/
Zipcar -- 0.7 Miles https://www.zipcar.com/atlanta
Bird Scooters - https://www.bird.co/
Lime Scooters - https://www.li.me/
Lyft (Car and Scooters) -- https://www.lyft.com/
8) Atlanta’s regional transport is called MARTA; frequently people saying MARTA, such as in this document, are using that name to refer to the MARTA subway (metro) system rather than the more comprehensive system that involves buses. The train is quite close to the apartment and is available from early morning until late at night (5 am to 11 pm) on most days. From the apartment, you can walk straight down Hardee street (west) until it ends and then look to your right for the MARTA bus parking and the overhead walkway to get you to the subway stop which is the Inman Park-Reynoldstown station. This walk takes about 10 minutes. MARTA is by far the cheapest way to get to and from the airport as well as downtown because it avoids you having to pay for parking.
MARTA (Inman Park-Reynoldstown Station) -- 0.6 Miles -- http://www.itsmarta.com
1) Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q (0.5 miles)
2) Two Urban Licks (1.4 miles)
3) Home Grown (0.9 miles)
4) Barcelona Inman Park (1 mile)
1) Candler Park Market (0.9 miles)
2) Freedom Farmer’s Market (1.1 miles)
1) Krog Street Market (1.2 miles)
2) The Beehive (0.3 mile)
1) Plaza Theatre (1.4 miles)
2) Midtown Art Cinema (2.2 miles)
Parks and Running Trails:
1) Candler Park (0.7 mile)
2) Eastside BeltLine ( 1.3 miles)
FitWit (1.3 miles)
Atlanta Bicycle Barn (1.2 miles)
Candler Park Marta Station (0.5 mile)
World of Coca Cola (5.9 miles)
Pemberton Place (6.0 miles)
Georgia Aquarium (1.7 miles)
Zoo Atlanta (3.1 miles)
Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park (3.0 miles)
Atlanta Botanical Garden (4.7 miles)
Skyview Atlanta (4.1 miles)
The King Center (2.7 miles)
Fox Theatre (2.0 miles)
High Museum of Art (4.9 miles)
Willy’s Mexicana Grill (0.5 miles)
Bread & Butterfly (1.6 miles)
Folk Art Restaurant (1.3 miles)
Ali Baba Mediterranean (1.3 miles)
Fellini’s Pizza (1.2 miles)
Sotto Sotto Restaurant (1.6 miles)
Freedom Park (1.3 miles)
Coan Park (0.6 miles
Walker Park (0.7 miles)
Springvale Park (1.7 miles)
Candler Park (1.0 miles)
Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q (0.9 miles)
Wrecking Bar Brewpub (1.2 miles)
One Eared Stag (1.4 miles)
The Porter Beer Bar (1.0 miles)
Kroger (0.3 miles)
Family Food Store (0.3 miles)
Sevananda Natural Foods Market (1.1 miles)
Whole Foods Market (2.7 miles)
Situated in a beautiful residential neighborhood, guests enjoy easy access to all of the Atlanta arts, sports, and entertainment district amenities, as well as close proximity to virtually all of the surrounding metro area attractions found in downtown.
Atlanta, Georgia, Amerika Serikat